Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pinch me! Pinch us!

Good morning, everyone!  It's Tuesday, November 23rd.  I am typing this to remind myself that time has not stopped no matter how much I keep telling myself that it MUST have stopped. 

24 hours ago, Chris and I were in the ultrasound room finding out that there were 2 BABIES inside of me!  Baby boy Even and baby girl Even.  I had a hard time falling asleep last night ...

"Will 2 cribs fit in the nursery?  How will we decorate for a boy and a girl?  2 car seats, 2 strollers, 2 BABIES." 

I finally did fall asleep but then woke up bright and early this morning thinking:

"Did yesterday really happen?!  It couldn't be real.  I must have dreamt that.  PINCH ME!" 

My reality check came in nice and strong when I went into our office (soon-to-be nursery for 2!) and picked up the ultrasound pictures to find that there were still 2 babies on the pictures. 

"Ok, so it IS real.  Will 2 cribs fit in the nursery?  How will we decorate for a boy and a girl?  2 car seats, 2 strollers, 2 BABIES." 

I cried again this morning, feeling scared, overwhelmed, and exhausted ... and then a sense of elation came over me. 

"2 BABIES!  A little girl AND a little boy to love, care for, dress up, play with and raise with my wonderful husband.  2 babies!" 

The more I processed this information, the more excited I became and the more calm I felt. 

"We can do this - not without the extreme support of our families and friends and lots of prayers - but we can do this.  And we will!  And we will have the best time together! "

Some of you have asked how we were feeling this morning...I am having a hard time describing all of our emotions in one cohesive sentence, but this about sums it up: This is gonna be awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment