Wednesday, April 20, 2011

T-1 day!

As I am lying in bed at the hospital, I am taking a quick minute to update everyone on this eventful week! 

I went to my OB appointment on Tuesday morning this week, and after seeing that my BP was still elevated, I was still retaining fluid, and I was feeling light-headed and nauseated, my OB decided to admit me to the antepartum unit at the hospital.  We were told it may just be a few hours to monitor the babies and me, draw blood for labs, do an ultrasound, and then possibly go home if everything looks ok.  Well, after our ultrasound, the perinatalogist said, "You're not going home, and these babies will need to be delivered @ 37 weeks ..." which is this Friday!

I was initially disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to go home again before the babies are born, but my mom and Chris have been great about bringing stuff to me and keeping me company.  My mom has been sleeping in the oh-so-comfy cot that the hospital provides while Chris goes home every evening to sleep before a full day's work.  And the staff here at Piedmont Hospital have been so fabulous that I feel spoiled!

The plan is to have the babies on Friday ... as we are still unsure as to how they will make their arrival, we wait patiently to see what the doctor says tomorrow.  Either way. we will meet Parker and Reagan very soon!  The range of emotions surrounding this week have been overwhelming, and it all feels very surreal, but we are trying to stay calm and remember that God is in control!

We will be sure to keep you all posted when they arrive and we will, of course, share pictures as soon as possible! :)

Here's to the best Easter weekend of our lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! Chris, Graham, and I are SO SO SO excited for you and can't wait to meet Parker and Reagan! What an Easter gift this year! Love you ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting Mallory! I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete