Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Updates from bed rest...

Yup, bed rest.  As of this past Friday, my doctor has told me to "stay horizontal" and the best place to do that is in bed, right? :)  No signs of labor yet, but my blood pressure has been elevated and I have been retaining fluids so my OB told me the best thing to do is to rest, rest, rest.  Chris took great care of me this weekend, but in order for both him and I to keep our sanity while he has to continue working, my mom came up on Sunday and is here for the long haul!  She has been wonderful, bringing me meals and things to keep me busy while in bed, and her company has been fun, of course!

We are now going to the doctor every 3-4 days, so our next appointment is this coming Friday.  At this point, we are hoping to keep my BP and swelling at a safe level, and if we can and the babies don't make an appearance beforehand, we have scheduled a C-section on April 29th.  C-section, you ask?  Well, yes ... our little son, Parker, has decided to be a little mischievous and is breech in my belly.  So, as long as he is still breech on April 29th, they will do a C-section as to not put any undue stress on him, his sister or me.  If he turns, well then, it's anybody's game! :)

I'm not going to lie, bed rest is harder than it sounds.  Since I have been uncomfortable, sore, and tired, laying in bed is definitely what I need to be doing ... but I am feeling a little unproductive and worthless! My mom and Chris have to remind me several times a day to ask for help and stop doing things that I shouldn't be attempting.  It is hard to be a patient!  At least I know this will end in 2 weeks at the most, and as long as I am keeping these little piggies in my belly healthy, I can do anything for 2 weeks!

Our next appointment is Friday, so if we have any updates we will keep you all posted!


1 comment:

  1. Mallory, a C section is not the worst thing...in the end it will not matter once you hold those sweet bundles! Rest and enjoy the last few days of this life, because a new world is about to begin! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete